Tri-State Specialists is joining CNOS effective Jan 3rd, 2022. Please contact your Physician or clinic team member at CNOS by calling 605-217-2667,

Foot And Ankle Pain Specialist

Tri-State Specialists

Orthopedic Surgery & General Surgery located in Sioux City, IA & Le Mars, IA

Your legs support the majority of your weight, which is why foot or ankle pain of any kind is uncomfortable and can severely restrict your ability to carry out everyday activities. The team of expert orthopaedists at Tri-State Specialists in Sioux City, Iowa, can identify the source of your pain and offer various treatments to offer pain relief and prevent the issue from becoming worse. Don’t let foot and ankle pain control your life. Call the office or use the online scheduling tool to book your appointment today.

Foot and Ankle Pain Q&A

Why might my feet or ankles hurt?

Foot and ankle pain is often the result of injuries like sprains or fractures that trauma or overuse causes. Types of chronic foot or ankle pain are caused by diseases, like arthritis or gout, blood clots, poor circulation, and nerve damage. Some common causes of foot and ankle pain are:

  • Plantar fasciitis
  • Heel bursitis
  • Tendonitis
  • Morton’s neuroma
  • Sesamoiditis

Regardless of the source, any type of foot or ankle pain leaves these parts of your body weaker and increases your chances of further injury.

How is foot and ankle pain diagnosed?

Your orthopaedist at Tri-State Specialists starts with a physical examination and asks you questions about your medical history and current symptoms. 

For some patients, they may order additional imaging tests like MRI scans or low-radiation, digital X-rays, to view images of your bones and confirm a diagnosis. 

Imaging technology allows your specialist to pinpoint the exact cause and location of your injury or disease and develop a treatment to address your specific needs. The practice has on-site imaging facilities that allow your specialist to offer a same-day diagnosis.

How is foot and ankle pain treated?

If you suffer an injury that leads to foot or ankle pain, your orthopaedist at Tri-State Specialists may recommend a compression bandage and icing, along with rest for a few days or weeks. 

If you’re in a lot of pain or if your pain is a chronic issue, your orthopedist may use ultrasound-guided injections to deliver medication for pain relief and to reduce inflammation. 

The practice also offers platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) injections as a regenerative treatment for cases of plantar fasciitis and some types of arthritis. 

Ultrasound technology allows for your specialist to administer the injection accurately and make sure to distribute the medication in the correct areas of your foot or ankle. 

The team at Tri-State Specialists also offer minimally invasive surgery to provide relief from severe foot or ankle discomfort.

Your specialist may also recommend physical therapy at the clinic’s state-of-the-art gym where you work with physical therapists and coaches. Your therapist teaches you exercises to strengthen your foot or ankle, regain mobility, and manage any pain flare-ups.

To get relief from foot and ankle pain, call Tri-State Specialists or use the online scheduler to make an appointment today.